Ayigbe Edem is a hiphop/hiplife Artiste according to Hammer of the Last Two who groomed him. He raps in Ewe and is the premier rapper in that language.
He first featured on Hammer's compilation 'Crusade of the Lost Files’.
His debut album, ‘The Volta Regime’, was released in late 2008. The 13-track album with an introduction on the origin of the Ewes and skits to each cut and has lyrics in Ewe, Twi, Ga, English, etc.
Some of his well-liked songs include ‘Nyornuviade’, ‘Teva (Bougez)’, ‘Bra Fremi’, ‘De Afor Tome’, ‘Give It Up’, ‘Lorlortor’ and many others.
Ayigbe Edem is also known for his charity donations that he occasionally makes.
Edem has been nominated for Discovery of the Year, Hiphop/Hiplife Song of the Year, Hiphop/Hiplife Artistes of the Year, Best Rapper of the Year, Record/Recording of the Year for the song Nyonorviade and Album of the Year for his album titles The Volta Regime
- 2010 Ghana Music Awards - Hiphop/Hiplife Song of the Year
- 2010 Ghana Music Awards - Discovery of the Year
- 2010 Ghana Music Awards - Best Collaboration of the Year
- 2010 Ghana Music Awards - Record of the Year
- 2010 Ghana Music Awards - Album of the Year
|< Prev||Next >|